A 3-week course to introduce you to the fundamentals of pastry preparation. A perfect prelude to the full culinary classes we offer.
Week 1 Eggs, Custards & Creams
- Mother sauces of pastry – mom’s favorites, and world-renowned recipes.
- Cooked creams: brulee, pot de crème, budino and crème caramel – Winter favorites.
- Pie and tart crust techniques – Creating the perfect pie.
- Fillings and mousse – Making smooth, fluffy fillings.
Week 2 Yeast & Quick Breads
- Short doughs & chemical leaveners – What and when to use for perfect breads.
- Wet to dry mixing techniques – Avoid mess and product losses.
- Butter and yeasted doughs
- Choux pastries – Making this wonder of pastry.
Week 3 Cookies & Cakes
- Sponge cake, fillings, and frosting techniques
- Drop, refrigerated and cut-out cookies
- Meringues and buttercreams
- Program Exit Exam – Test your skill and get certified!