Overview & Topics
Elevate your cooking with a great sauce. From simple mashed potatoes to the most expensive proteins, a sauce can make or break (sometimes literally) a meal. In this 6-hour workshop, you’ll earn every step of sauce making, including the basics of stocks and five different finishing techniques.
Topics and Techniques:
- Texture, Flavor, and Balance – crafting the perfect sauce for any menu
- Foundations – the essentials of making stocks
- Coated with flavor – sauce techniques and the science behind sauces
- roux thickened sauces
- reduced sauces
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.