Overview & Topics
Travel with us and explore the different flavors that Thailand has to offer. In this 2-week Mini Series, you’ll learn all about Thai ingredients, cooking methods, and history from all over Thailand. From making your own curry or Pad Thai to lesser-known dishes like Tom Kha Gai (coconut chicken soup), this class brings bold flavors that’ll transport you to South East Asia right from the comfort of your kitchen.
Topics & Techniques:
- Thai Cuisine 101 – understanding Thai ingredients and culture
- Curries – how to make fresh curry paste with mortar & pestle
- Western and Eastern Dining Styles – learn the different styles of dining
- Cooking Different Types of Rice – Jasmine, Glutinous, Forbidden
- Differences in Thai Cuisine – learn about Northern, Central, and Southern cuisines
- Accompaniments – soup, chili relish, side condiments, and fresh salads to compliment different dishes
- Proteins – understanding proteins are a main ingredient but not necessarily the main course
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.