Overview & Topics
Sharpen your knife skills with this 6-hour intensive workshop. Learn everything you’ll need to choose, handle, and use knives safely and efficiently in the kitchen. Get to know different knife cuts and how to dice, slice, and chop like a pro.
Topics & Techniques:
- The Importance of Knife Skills – shaping ingredients and why knife skills are essential
- Size, Shape, & Steel – choosing the right knife for you and your menu
- Knife Skills 101 – knife safety and how to use a knife efficiently
- Every Ingredient, A Different Approach – basic knife cuts and techniques
- Knife Maintenance – honing, sharpening, cleaning & storage
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason but you can send a friend in your place.
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.