Overview & Topics
Learn how to make delicate French Macarons from scratch. This 6-hour workshop will teach you the techniques behind making and piping meringue cookies and creating decadent fillings inspired by the season.
Topics and Techniques:
- Meringues – understanding the different types and how to make a stable base for macarons
- Color Tinting – when and where to add colors to the macaron batter
- Piping – learn how to fill, hold and control a pastry bag
- Swiss Buttercream – how to make, flavor and color fillings to match macaron cookies
- Troubleshooting – knowing what causes common errors like cracking, hollow shells and how to fix
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.