Overview & Topics
Perfect your grilling techniques and learn new skills to up your game on the grill. Explore the methods behind working with equipment, heat control, and how to work with charcoal, marinades, and rubs in this 5-hour intensive grilling workshop.
Topics and Techniques:
- Grilling Basics – cleaning, preparing, and maintaining grilling equipment
- Controlling Heat – the science of heat transfer, temperatures, and achieving the perfect doneness
- Marinades & Spice Rubs, Char & Smoke – using and balancing flavor profiles
- Handling Ingredients – how to select and handle ingredients on the grill
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.