Overview & Topics
Learn how to make different types of pies with seasonal fall flavors, including a twist on everyone’s favorite sweet potato and marshmallow side dish. Discover how different fats affect your pie dough and how to get the perfect crust. Learn how to choose and use various thickening agents for the perfect fruit filling consistency.
Topics and Techniques:
- Fats in the Crust – see how different fats affect pie dough
- Crust Varieties – making butter crust and cookie crust
- Rolling Techniques – learn how to fit pie dough into tin accurately with minimal waste
- Stove Top Custards – making custard and understanding the role heat plays in thickening
- Piping – learning how to fill and handle pastry bags, piping toppings
- Preparing Starches – how to cook down sweet potatoes to make them pie ready
- Cooked Fruit Filling – Review the various thickening agents for fruit filling.
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.