Overview & Topics
Immerse yourself in the traditions of tamale making. In this six-hour workshop, you’ll learn everything about tamales, how to work with masa, and how to create different savory and sweet tamales from scratch.
Topics and Techniques:
- Masa – work with masa harina
- Fillings – braise and apply moist heat cooking methods to proteins and vegetables
- Wrapping Tamales – work with corn husks and banana leaves to fill and wrap tamales
- Salsas and Sauces – make authentic red and green sauces from scratch to accompany tamales
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.