Overview & Topics
Up your cake decorating skills with our Cake 101 workshop! Learn the basics from getting a tasty cake to the more technical of decorating with buttercream. You’ll walk away with more knowledge of not only how to frost your cake but how to get it decorated like a pro!
Topics and Techniques:
- Baking a cake from scratch – understanding the creaming process to get an even texture
- American Buttercream – how to make and store
- Tinting buttercream – knowing how to balance colors
- Slicing Cake – getting the most serverings out of one cake
- Filling/ Building Cake – getting even layers
- Crumb Coating a Cake – making sure no crumbs end up in your final layer
- Icing Cake – how to hold your spatula, and using the right tools
- Wave icing texture
- Decorating cake with edible pearls and butterflies – finishing touches and balance
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.