Overview & Topics
Up your cookie game by learning how to make colorful sugar cookies with royal icing and soft, chewy ginger cookies from scratch. Learn the secret to mixing doughs, oven heat control, and piping and decorating cookies like a pro.
Topics and Techniques:
- Creaming Method – learn the basic aerating technique used for most cakes, cookies, and muffins
- Rolling Out Doughs – learn to roll out dough to have consistent, evenly sized cookies
- Icing Consistencies – adjusting icing to get different textures for decorating
- Baking Methods – understanding the differences in baking methods and temperatures for drop and cut out cookies and why they’re baked at different temperatures for different times
- Working with Cooked Sugar – taking sugar to the correct temperature and how to prevent crystallization for a clear “glass” look
- Piping and Decorating Techniques – holding a piping bag correctly and learning how to get different finishes
- Proper storing methods – keeping icing properly stored for later uses
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.