Overview & Topics
With the proper techniques and a handful of ingredients, you can make fresh, delicious pizza from scratch. Learn the ins and outs of mixing, kneading, proofing, and stretching dough. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create four distinct styles of pizza.
Topics and Techniques:
- Yeast, CO2, & Gluten – the science behind fresh pizza dough
- Shaping and Stretching – the art behind hand stretching and shaping pizza dough
- Homemade Sauces – classic tomato, pesto, romesco
- Pizza Styles – traditional, deep dish, grilled
- Toppings – prepare homemade toppings
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.