Overview & Topics
Learn step-by-step how to make all the components you need for the perfect taco. In this 6-hour workshop, you’ll work with a variety of fresh ingredients to make hand-pressed corn and flour tortillas, savory proteins, and fresh salsas.
Topics and Techniques:
- Tortillas – work with masa to make fresh corn tortillas
- Savory Fillings – learn to make chicken tinga, beer battered fried fish, spiced potatoes, and carne asada
- Toppings – make pico de gallo, avocado mash, escabeche, onion Relish, cabbage slaw
- Salsa and Sauces – learn how to make authentic salsas: fire roasted tomato (Molcajete), tomatillo salsa verde, chipotle cilantro-lime crema
- Taco Variations – understand different styles of tacos: traditional, baja style, basket tacos, and street style
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.