Overview & Topics
Few things satisfy like biting into the crispy crust and moist center of great fried chicken. Learn every step and the science behind it, to get from a whole bird to four delicious variations of the world’s most popular comfort food.
Topics and Techniques:
- Fabrication – how to break down a whole chicken: legs, breast, wing and more
- Salt, Acid, Fire – the right way to marinate, brine and fry (and why)
- Dredging, Battering, & Breading – learn how to achieve crispiness three ways
- Deep Frying – what happens when chicken fries & safe, efficient techniques for home
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason but you can send a friend in your place
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.