Overview & Topics
Learn how to make fresh donuts at home and avoid long lines at the donut shop. Understand how to work with cake and yeasted doughs and how to fry, glaze, and top donuts to perfection.
Topics and Techniques:
- Yeasted Doughs – how to work with yeast, understanding when dough is ready and how to handle it
- Cake Doughs – understanding the difference between cake and yeasted donuts
- Frying – which oils to use, and understanding temperatures
- Glazing – glaze making and how to store
Students of all skill levels will be able to keep up in this class. Beginners will quickly gain new skills and seasoned cooks will refine existing skills while also building new ones.
This is perfect for those who:
- Want to learn or improve a specific culinary skill.
- Enjoy cooking but don’t have time for extensive training.
- Are comfortable working independently and prefer a hands-on approach to learning.
Cancellations more than 30 days out: Class credit or refund
Cancellations 8-30 days out: Class credit
Cancellations 7 days or less: We are unable to offer a class credit for any reason but you can send a friend in your place
*Cancellation time periods apply to the start date of a CulinaryLab Series or Mini-Series, based on the date of the first class in the Series. Credit of refunds are unavailable 7 days prior to the first class day of a Series or Mini-Series.