Overview & Topics
Silky, chewy noodles in hot, deeply flavorful broth topped with items like pork belly, soft boiled eggs, mushrooms, and scallions – a good bowl of ramen is essentially a bowl of umami and is as delicious as it sounds. Learn from a CulinaryLab Chef the various styles of broths, noodles, and toppings that make this dish as diverse as it is satisfying – All of the knowledge and techniques you’ll need to make an authentic bowl of ramen at home anytime.
Topics and Techniques:
- Various ramen broths/styles: Tonkotsu, Miso, Shoyu, Shio, Tsukemen
- Regional noodle styles: Kitakata, Tokyo, Hakata
- Understanding fresh ramen noodles: how it’s made and the science of alkaline noodles
- Making a rich, flavorful meat stock/broth: Classic Pork Tonkotsu
- Making a clean, refreshing shoyu broth
- Braising (Chashu pork belly)
- Preparing a selection of ramen toppings, plating
This course is held at 17231 17th St B Tustin, CA 92780.