Overview & Topics
Up your cookie game by learning how to make colorful sugar cookies with royal icing like a pro. Learn the secret to mixing doughs, oven heat control, and piping and decorating cookies. In this class you’ll learn how to achieve different icing consistency for different decorating effects that can be applied to any sugar cookie design. And these cookies look as good as they taste.
Topics and Techniques:
- Cookie Dough- properly make butter cookie dough and learn the trick to storing them and getting ahead for an order or event.
- Rolling Out Doughs – learn to roll out dough to have consistent, evenly sized cookies
- Icing Consistencies – adjusting icing to get different textures for decorating
- Baking Methods – understanding the differences in baking methods and temperatures for drop and cut out cookies and why they’re baked at different temperatures for different times
- Stove Top Custard – learn the “low and slow” technique to making a perfectly smooth lemon curd.
- Piping and Decorating Techniques – holding a piping bag correctly and learning how to get different finishes
- Proper storing methods – keeping icing properly stored for later uses